Monday, March 25, 2013

Primo Giorno (First Day)

Primo Giorno (First Day) in the Missionary Training Center

20 March 2013

Dear Mom,

So this day lasted forever! But it was super wonderful. Sorella Baer is my comp [companion-see below]! Basically she's adorable.

After you dropped me off, I went through this crazy long line, got my name tag and the badge for all the buildings. I then picked up by books and headed to my classroom. Our teacher only spoke Italian today. I had to go through entrance questionnaires and orientation. We had a short lesson in Italian; then we went to a devotional. They basically just stressed the importance of our companions. We had dinner and then unpacked until a teaching experience. Basically there were twenty of us in a room teaching an investigator. We taught three. We then went to meet our branch president [see below] and his wife, the Millers. They are adorable. Then we finished unpacking. We have quiet time from 10:15 to 10:30. I'll write you more soon!
Mom and me at the MTC. 

I love you so much!!

Love,
Ellen

P.S. Tell grandma I love her. I wish I had time to write more letters.




“Ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God” (D&C 42:6).

"Preaching the gospel two by two is the pattern established by the Lord. The testimonies of two companions support each other in proclaiming the truth and bearing witness of it" (Missionary Handbook, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2006, p. 29).



"Small congregations are called branches and are presided over by a branch president" (Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood: Basic Manual for Priesthood Holders, Part A, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2000, p. 57).

No comments:

Post a Comment