Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Full, Blessed Week


There is nothing better than p-day
with some of yourfavorite sisters.

I love Vercelli more and more every single day. The people here are amazing. It's not a big town, but I love the small towns in Italy. They are so wonderful! I feel like I've already talked to everyone who lives in Vercelli, but people here are so nice as you pass them on the street. 

At the Egyptian museum in Torino, we
found this random head. What?
Wednesday, we went to Torino to see the Torino sisters and the Collegno Sisters. We mostly just walked around all day. Torino is gorgeous! It made me miss Milano a little bit, but at the same time, I felt very lucky to be in small town with practically no traffic. After lunch and some mindless wandering, we went to the Egyptian museum. It was probably one of the coolest things I've done in Italy . . . which is weird, but still. I just love history. My love of it grows more and more every day. It must come from living so near all of this wonderful and beautiful history.

On the way home, we stopped to see a sweet member family. I love member visits. It's one of my favorite parts of the mission. Getting the opportunity to hear so many conversion stories and to see how the Gospel has blessed so many lives is something I wouldn't trade for the world. This family is excellent.

Il Compleanno di Sorella Walch!
Sorella Walch finally got her permesso, which meant that we were in Bergamo all day Friday. We had lunch with the sorelle in Bergamo and then we had a good old time sitting in the questura waiting for her name to be called. On the way to the train station, we stopped to get some snickers gelato. This resulted in us almost missing our train, sprinting down the platform, and jumping on just as the doors were closing. It was worth it. We also had an extra 18 minutes in Milano, so we stopped to get Burger King. Again, we had to sprint through the station, and again we made the train. There weren't any seats left, so we definitely ate while sitting on the train floor. Classy.

Sunday night there was a concert at the church. It was all music by Berlin or Gershwin. Was I in heaven? Yes, yes I was. Sunday was filled with music. Remember how we're singing with the young women? Well, Eliana keeps giving us more music. We practiced for an hour Sunday. It's going to be so good! I love that we get to sing with the young women. Last night Eliana asked me and a woman named Tina who is in the ward to sing a duet. I'm pretty much stoked. I've missed performing so much. Now, I'm singing in a concert, with a bunch of Italians, in Italy. When did that happen?

Monday we had a super sweet miracle. We went out to visit a less-active woman. We had called, and she had said we could come, but later we learned that a few years ago she had asked to not be contacted by missionaries. She's not interested in coming to church right now, but she said we could come back with the Relief Society President. Miracle!

We finally have a ward mission leader. Paolo's the coolest. He served his mission in London a few years ago, so he's always speaking English with us. It's weird, because I have a hard time having a real conversation in English, I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm an idiot who doesn't understand English Grammar. That's cool . . . it's pretty much the truth. Anyway, Paolo asked us to start teaching Victor, one of my English Class students who's been coming to church for a few months. Victor is super solid, and he bore his testimony in church my first week here. Normally we're not allowed to teach men if we have Anziani in the ward, but President Dibb gave permission as long as Paolo is at every lesson. We're stoked because Victor is probably one of my favorite people. 

Advent calendar in centro Torino.
I love you all. As Christmas is getting closer, I'm praying for all of you to see Christmas miracles. Of course, the biggest Christmas miracle already happened. I want to invite you all to remember why we celebrate. It's more then the presents or the decorations. It’s even more then the Savior's birth. It's why the Savior was born. His birth was indeed a miracle, but it was only the beginning. Remember this year, that Christ came for all of us; he came for each one of us, individually. This means he came for you. He came onto his own. You are his. We all are. Take some time to think about what that means. 

Vi Voglio Bene
Sorella Ervin


These are our anziani. Sorella Walch took them one day when we were waiting for corso d'inglese (English course).



At a wedding Saturday, look at what the
lucky couple drove way in.

Just some late night proselyting on a
completely empty street.

No comments:

Post a Comment