Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Buon Natale!


One of our new converts gave us matching sweater sets
for Christmas. Will we be wearing them Sunday?
Yes, yes we will.

Buon Natale! Ok, I know it's not quite Christmas yet, but I'm really excited. Every day just gets better and better. We bought ourselves a Christmas tree, decorations, stockings, and some presents. But let’s be honest here, that's not why I'm excited. I'm excited because the most important thing to me is love, and that's what Christmas is. A day dedicated to love. I love it!
We bought a Christmas tree!

So Paolo is still a super amazing ward mission leader. He's super excited to help us out in whatever way he can. He taught one of the English classes last night because the Anziani weren't going to be there. I love having a young ward mission leader that served a mission not too many years ago. It really helps out, because he already understands a lot. He expects a lot of us, which I really appreciate.

Friday during weekly planning, the Vescovo [bishop] called and asked us to do something for him. There was a paper work mix up a few months ago, and we're still trying to deal with it. That morning, we needed something that the capi zona [zone leaders – missionary leaders for a small area] had, and then we had to get it into the office. The vescovo really needed everything done that night. So, in the morning we had to call the capi, get them to email us a copy, and get everything filled out. Then later we had to have it signed by another member and fax it into the office. I've never been so stressed out, but in the end we got everything figured out. 

Saturday was the baptism of a boy in our ward. His name is Giona, and he's super great. The really wonderful thing was to see how many people in the ward came. One of our investigators even came. I love how loving this ward is; they're just a big family. Everyone is important to them, and they want to do whatever they possibly can to help others. I hope someday I can love people as much as they do.

We got to watch the Christmas Devotional Sunday night, and then we got to go to GANS [Giovani Adulti Non Sposati – Young Single Adults, a church group for non married adults 18-30 years old]. Okay, I think I liked the Christmas Devotional; I don't really remember. We had just been in a car. It's been a really long time since I've been in a car, and I got really carsick. I wasn't doing too well. But a little while later I started feeling better. I love our GANS. They are truly, truly great. I wish I could just bring them with me everywhere I go. They are super open, love our investigators, and just have fun all day long. 

MTC reunion. Anziano Axson was there, too, but he was
talking to President Dibbs so he missed out on the photo.
Monday we had a Christmas conference. It was wonderful. Let’s be honest, anytime I can see the missionaries I love, I get extremely happy. There were so many missionaries there. Obviously, I was happy the entire day, especially at lunch, although it was kind of weird. They had us eat with our district. Our district is two sisters and two elders. Awkward. On the upside, Anziano Scisci had to serve us. President Dibb came by and told the Anziani he had to talk to them later. 

Anziano Scisci stopped by to give us our Christmas gifts
since he was transferred and won't be here for Christmas.
How sweet.
Turns out, Anziano Scisci is getting space transferred [moved to a new area in between the regularly scheduled transfer dates]. He left this morning. It happened all over the mission. Our new elder is Anziano Reese. I met him for about five minutes a little bit ago. He seems awesome.

We forgot to put on our coats though,
so we were freezing.
Yesterday I had a scambio [companion exchange] with Sorella Vardeu. She's from the southern part of Italy. I just love her. But let me tell you something she said that made my day. She told me I speak beautiful Italian. WHAT? Later today, Anziano Scisci told me the same thing. I know I don't speak beautifully. But, at least my two sweet Italian missionaries think I'm pretty good. Best thing I've ever heard. It was my miracle yesterday.

I hope all of you are looking for the Christmas miracles. They are there, everyday. I'm sure you'll find them.

I love you all!
Sorella Ellen Rose Ervin
 
I forgot Sorella Bennet was going to be at zone conference.
We were pretty much the most excited people ever when we
saw each other. Love her!

Sorella Egbert played the piano for me. Basically
she's one of my favorite people in the history of the universe.

MTC reunion - just the sisters.






No comments:

Post a Comment