Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Companion, New Week, New Miracles

Well folks, it's official; I'm a MOM! Last Thursday seems like so long ago, but it was such a great day. It was also really sad because I had to say goodbye to my dear Sorella Walch, but I know she's going to have an absolutely incredible time in Modena with Sorella Holloway. I did get to see my sweet Sorella Strong. Oh my goodness, I forgot how much I love her. She's training as well, so we got to go to a short training meeting together before we picked up the babies. At the end of the meeting I found out my trainee is . . . Sorella Jones. She's adorable, and I love her already. 

There are so many wonderful things that happened this week that I don't even have time to tell you half of them. But here are a few of my favorites. 

Monday night we had a family home evening with Tina and Ralf. Tina invited a friend who is super kick trash. I love her already. It was the first time Sorella Jones has given the Restoration lesson in the field, and she did such a good job. I was such a proud mom when she gave the sweetest 1st Vision I think I've ever heard. 

We had a less-active woman call Marcella and tell her she wanted to come to church. She brought her non-member 28-year-old daughter with her. Apparently, the daughter had asked to come to church, and the mom hopes they start coming every single week. They both had an incredible time, and the ward was so welcoming. This ward is truly fantastic.

Sunday night, we went over to see a couple of families in our ward together. They made us tacos. This is the second time I've had tacos in the last 11 months. I can tell you, it might have been my favorite meal on the mission. Okay, so I'm exaggerating slightly, but they were pretty rad.

We had a beautiful lesson with Michela yesterday, and here is what she taught me. I need to stop tearing myself apart when I'm not perfect. The only thing I can do is to try a little harder. That's always possible. Some days, my best will be better than others, but as long as I'm trying my personal best, it's okay. We have weaknesses, we all have trials, but we also have Christ. We all have access to the love of Christ, which means our weaknesses can become strengths and we can get through any trial. We might be perplexed, but we don't ever have to be in despair. 

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Vi Voglio Bene. I pray for you all and I truly hope you're doing well. 


Sorella Ervin

Last elevator ride together.


On the train to Milan.

Rimini reunion at transfer circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment