Wednesday, March 19, 2014

13 Going on 30

So . . . usually we teach about 13 lessons each week. That's not bad, but it could definitely be better. President Dibb asked those training to teach 21 lessons last week. As we were planning I jokingly said, "l think we should teach 30." Note to self: don't joke with a greenie. She said, "Okay!" Well, I couldn't back out then. So we decided to teach 30. Let me tell you, longest week of my life. But we did it. Sunday afternoon we taught 8 lessons in about 3 hours while doing strada. God definitely blessed us this week; I've never had so many people willing to stop and talk to us.

While doing strada, we met this amazing man named Constantine. He has a beautiful testimony of our Savior. We ended up teaching him a half-hour lesson about the restoration of the Gospel. He doesn't know how he feels about it, but he wants a Book of Mormon. I find it so beautiful when people just have the desire to learn about the Savior. 

We found two investigators for the Anziani and about 1,000 referrals. We can't really find any women who are interested. But that's okay. At consiglio last night we were talking about how we keep finding the Anziani people to teach. I decided that we can do all the finding for this ward, as long as they just keep baptizing. 

Saturday night, an investigator of the Anziani was baptized. His wife and daughter came to the church for the first time that night. Baptisms are my favorite part of the mission. There is something extremely beautiful about seeing a child of God make a commitment to follow Him for eternity. I have felt more love during baptisms then at any other time in my life. I truly believe there are choruses of angels singing every time we make a covenant with God. 

Speaking of baptisms, I was able to go to Milano this week for a scambio with Sorella Gillette - not just any Milano . . . MY Milano Navigli. I was able to see my church AND Anabella and Alberto. These two people are so special to me. They mean everything to me. It was such a blessing to be able to see them again, even if I was only there for a day.

We had zone conference on Monday. As always it was incredible. I'm just so grateful for everything I've learned on my mission and all those who I have come to love. I can't imagine not having been here for the last year. I don't even know who I would be; I can't imagine it. The best part is I have six months left . . . six more months to devote everything I have to God and these wonderful people. Nothing could make me happier, nothing. I love it here.

Vi Voglio Bene! 
Sorella Ellen Rose Ervin

Anziano Miller serving in my birth city [Milano].

One of my favorite families! Just look at my sweet Anabela.

We got to go to Monica's for lunch on her birthday!


 End of scambio pictures with Gillette and Egbert!

Sister Gillette.

Sister Egbert.

Anziano Day and I are always so awkward.
I don't know why, we're just awkward people. It's a problem.

It's always a good day when I get to see Sorella Bennet.

Rimini Zone Reunion!

Sorella Lyman's going home at the end of this transfer.
I'll miss her so much.

Anziano Betchie!

Waiting for the train, across to binarios.
Look at our beautiful missionaries.





No comments:

Post a Comment