Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Always in the Middle

Look how beautiful my little Gjika is!
Okay, first off this morning we realized today is the 18th . . . which means tomorrow is the 19th . . . which means my release date is in three months and one day. How weird is that? I started hyperventilating a little when we realized . . . but then I got over it. It was just a weird realization, but it doesn't really matter. There is an amazing talk by President Uchtdorf about always being in the middle of your mission. Sometimes new missionaries think they don't know enough to help. Older missionaries feel like they're too tired to do anything. But if we live everyday like we're in the middle, we can continue to just keep working, no matter what else is going on. It's a talk I adore, and I'm so grateful I found it last year. 

Last Thursday we had zone conference in Alessandria. That means I went to Alessandria three times in a week. Expensive. Anyway, the conference was amazing. I think my favorite part was given by the assistants. They talked about how if we really want to help people we need to be conductors of the spirit . . . which means we need to be absolutely pure. We talked about all the little things we can do to be more obedient or strengthen our testimonies. I'm so grateful such a big part of the mission is about being obedient. It's not easy; we can't be perfect, but we can definitely try. The trying is what really matters in the end. 

Obviously I loved seeing all my favorite missionaries, just like normal. I love hearing about things happening in Vercelli. Y’all want some news? Eliana popped! She had her little boy a month early, but I heard he's doing just fine. Will you all pray for them anyway? Thanks. 

Sunday night we went to see Angely and Gabriele. I love them! I just love to watch their relationship. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a mother and a son who have such a great relationship. Sure they argue; they don't always agree, but every time they talk it's a conversation filled with love. It's so beautiful.

Adventure. We get to the train station after our lesson. We're a good 40 minutes early so we sit down to start nightly planning since we were going to be home late. Thirty minutes later . . . our train is cancelled. It was 8:20 at night and the next train wasn't until 10:30. I texted the bishop to ask who would be good to call for a ride. He told us the Cavalli's lived really close to where we were. MIRACLE! Sorella Cavalli is an angel. She came to pick us up and drove us the 30 minutes to our house. It was a hidden miracle that she had to come, because I've really been wanting to get to know her, but she's been travelling so I haven't been able to. She's without a doubt already one of my favorite people on the planet. Also, we ended up getting home at 9:28 . . . so we didn't even get in late enough to call capi. Miracle #2

Monday we had an absolutely amazing district meeting. We all shared our favorite things we've learned in trainings throughout our missions. It was really great because Anziano Christiansen and Anziano Anderson are going home next week. Weird. So we just had a chance to learn a little bit more from them. I love these two elders. Christiansen has been my zone leader for four transfers now. He is one of the best people I know. I have learned so much from him and he really cares and is aware about every missionary in his zone. Also, this is the second time Anziano Anderson has been my district leader. The first time was way back in my third transfer. I feel so blessed to have served with him twice and to have seen how the mission has changed him. The mission really changes us all so much. Best part of the meeting . . . after the prayer, they both stood up and ripped their shirts off. They were wearing their college t-shirts underneath. Don't worry though; they changed before we left the church. 

Yesterday was super great. We went over to the Vicedomini's house to have lunch with them, and then we helped Alessandro move some more of his stuff to his new house. I love this family. They're loud and crazy (in a good way) just like all families should be. I have already learned so much for them, and I look forward to continue serving with them.

Transfer time is already here next week. How did it go so fast? We're pretty sure Sorella Russell is leaving me, but I guess we just have to wait and see. We just like each other too much to get a second transfer together, ahaha. 


Love you all so much!
Sorella Ervin

My beautiful zone!

My little girl!

Oh my goodness, I love missionaries so much!

I love my wonderful district!


No comments:

Post a Comment