Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Amazing Work and Precious Moments

Best burgers in Italy.
This week was pretty amazing. Do you remember how last week we found the mother of a less-active member and now she's an investigator? Well it happened again! We were doing a pass-by of another less-active member, and her mom let us in. We were able to share a message with her, and she told us to come back the next week. We went back yesterday, and she promised to try and read the Book of Mormon everyday before we go back next week. A while ago President Dibb told us we're in the business of completing families. I just love that. We're here to help families be together forever; there is absolutely no work more beautiful. 

We were also able to see another less-active member and her son. He was preparing for baptism a few months ago, and he still really wants to be baptized. The beautiful thing is that this wonderful woman is so excited for the Rome Temple. Her goal is to be temple worthy by the time it opens. It was so wonderful to talk to a person who is aware of things she needs to change and who actively is trying to change them. There was a beautiful spirit in her home, and I cannot wait to go back.

Stake conference was absolutely amazing. Saturday night we went to Alessandria, and I was able to see some of my favorite people from Vercelli. There weren't lots of people there, but it was so beautiful. I talked to Marcella for a little while and it was wonderful to hear her voice. I also saw my baby girl, Sorella Jones! The conference was also amazing. I'm so grateful I am still serving in this stake. Presidente Bellomo talked about how our lives are all intertwined. We influence the lives of people we've never even met before. A lot of times we don't even realize it. The more we try just to be good people, the better we will be able to help those around us who are struggling. 

My testimony grew so much during the Sunday session of stake conference. I went to conference with very specific questions, and every single question was answered. I didn't even expect for some of them to be answered because of the type of question. I am so grateful for President Uchtdorf. We are so lucky to live in a day where we have the ability to listen to the voices of prophets and apostles. I wish everyone could know what a blessing it is to have them in our lives.

I love you all so much. I'm starting to realize how fast time flies. It seems like everyday is getting shorter. Every single moment we have in this life is extremely precious. It is so important for us to not waste a moment. 


Sorella Ervin

So one day it started raining, but it was still sunny. Then we saw
this creepy cloud covering half of the sky. The weather is so weird.

San Michele. A beautiful church on a tiny little hill
in the middle of nowhere.

Looks of anticipation as they see the fries freshly made.





Who knew Italy had Claire's?

My sweet Melissa at stake conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment