Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I don't have many stories from this week, not many that don't end with me bleeding anyway. I know . . . I'm a disaster. 

Friday night we went to see the Machados . . . always a joy and a pleasure. Sorella Machado's sister was there, and it was really great to get to meet and talk with her. Here's the deal though; they made us rice. It was incredible; I love South American food SO MUCH. I just sometimes forget I'm a missionary with the Machados. They have this amazing way of making me feel like I'm at home. It's a good thing, it really is, just well . . . we know I'm a little insane. We started talking about family history, you would think it would be a completely normal, calm, and safe subject. LIES. 

You see, I have this family legend that tells me I have a great-great-great-great-grandma somewhere in history who was a pirate. I know; I'm the coolest. Anyway we were talking about that, and then my companion grabs a knife and points it at me. I am not one to back away from a sword fight, so of course I jumped in full force. You would think I would know better. I lunged, she blocked, and my hand started bleeding. At least the Machados think I'm the funniest person in the world. 

Unfortunately, the next morning I had a little bit of an accident. It's embarrassing, and I'm sure as soon as I let this go, I'll regret it. Well, I was shaving, and I cut myself. Sure you say, happens all the time. No, not like this. Okay, I didn't notice at first, then I look down and my foot and the shower are covered in blood. I still didn't think it was that bad, you know how blood gets when it's in water. Well, then I saw it . . . a very large piece of skin lying NEXT to my foot. Lovely.

I have a 2 inch by 2 cm gash in my leg; it's also quite deep. The terrible part, it doesn't seem to be healing. I can't walk for very long before my leg starts throbbing. It's okay though, because at least I'm going to have a wicked scar from Vercelli. Now I have one from every city I've served in. That's what happens when you're the clumsiest person in the world.

Transfer calls came and went. Nothing's happening to us. Anziano Reeve is leaving though. Super sad about it, no joke. He's going to Pisa though, so he'll love it. I'm just grateful I get to stay here in Vercelli for one more. I wouldn't trade it for anything, not even Tuscany.

Sorry I don't seem very spiritual today; pain will do that to you :) Love you all!

Sorella Ervin



Sorella Jones, Sorella Mongia, and me

Anziano Reeve, Manuel, Eliana (and her cute little baby bump) and me.

Manuel thinks he's a model.

Look, I'm wounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment